Friday 25 November 2011

School Sky - Skywatch Friday

Busy week is over. Flight back to home arrived at 11:40 pm! It’s been a long week – apologies for lack of replies – will get on to those as soon as I can fully open my eyes!

Was in involved in a school fund raiser last weekend – lots of kids trapped in a school hall by thunderous rain! Stepped outside for a moment in an attempt to regain my sanity and was greeting by this sky trapped between passing storms. Only had my phone as a camera – so I’m pleasantly surprised by the results.


Some of the ‘clouds’ in this picture are actually sheets of rain being lit up by the setting sun flashing though a hole in an otherwise solid sky. It was pretty remarkable I have to say.

You can find more skies from around the world at SkyWatch Friday.

You can also see the most recent post on my other blog by clicking the Paying Ready Attention picture on the RHS of the screen.

Enjoy the skies.

21 comments:

  1. WOW! Magical sky! Verry pretty pic!

    Greetings from Norway:o)

    Helene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool looking sky. Love the dramatic look. Happy Skywatching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really beautiful! of course sheets of rain look beautiful to me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely stunning - great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. reminds me of a filo pie
    layers n layers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such dramatic skies, Stewart! And a superb capture! Love the colors! Hope you have a great weekend!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous and dramatic sky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a great shot Stewart!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sky never fails to amaze us.
    Wonderful (some times we get real good results from our simple cameras)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love storms with skies such as this (but not with lots of kids trapped in a building with me!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a dramatic capture Stewart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok that is just too amazing for words, I have given up on my grey/white sky - sure you remember them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great shot. I like the holes in the sky with the blue showing through!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow that is an awesome shot of the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color, the sky and the light.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome pic. Thanks so much for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous tones and light in that sky.

    ReplyDelete