Thursday 16 August 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Evening Reflections.

This is a little bit of a blast from the past.  But I have wanted to post this image for a while and keep forgetting!

We visited Lorne back in June of this year.  During an evening walk I found the sky reflected in these pools of water.  The water was left by the retreating tide, and the orange glow was made by the retreating sun.  I have to say I like this combination.


I consider this to be another in my occasional series of Sky Shots with no sky!  You can tell what is happening in the sky, even without being able to see the sky itself.

You can find more shots of the sky - almost certainly including ones that actually have the sky in them at SkyWatch Friday.

You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen (and by the time Friday arrives the second post about our trip to the Daintree will be there - go have a look!)

Enjoy the skies.

19 comments:

  1. Great picture, although if you hadn't explained I am not sure I would have known what I was looking at. Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful reflections and a very interesting capture, Stewart! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous for sure! I love to photograph the sky "upside down" and I love this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice! It looks like abstract painting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty colors and reflections. Stewart, great capture for your skywatch. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific and creative shot, Stewart! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors and textures are amazing. This is a work of art. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're exactly right about being able to tell what is going on in the sky without actually seeing it. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a unique sky perspective. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, Stewart! I like the fact the sky itself isn't visible in the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, beautiful colours! And I love that we are left to imagine what the sky would have looked like. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Stewart!! I love the colour reflections.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! Visiting from Sky Watch Friday.

    My Skywatch, hope you'd come and see.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome reflection! Nature's abstract painting:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sequence!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ♡¸.°.¸♫♫♪
    Excelente trabalho.
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil
    ♡彡♫♪°.¸.•°`

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, this is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A different SkyWatch photo Stewart but effective too. We had one night at Lorne in our travels in 2010, would love to visit again, such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete