Monday 14 March 2011

My World Tuesday - The First Sign of Autumn.

Blooming ‘Wind Flowers’ are a such sign that we have entered autumn – as are spider webs in the morning, but I assumed flowers would be more popular.

These are in the garden bed at the end of my drive, so I see them every time I park the car. In even the slightest wind they wave about on their metre long stems, and if we have a hot autumn day they seem to make everything seem cooler.

They are also called Japanese Anemones, which I hope will act as a reminded of what has happened in the last few days.





































You can find more images of great places here or you can click on the My World Tuesday link on the RHS of the screen.

You can also see at my most recent posts on my other blog by clicking on the "Paying Ready Attention" Link on the RHS of the screen.

Have a good Tuesday!

14 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! Opposite to you, we're having signs of spring everywhere. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Japan, the plum blossoms (ume) are in bloom, a sign of spring. It is sad to think of what happened but Japan can stand again, it is after all the land of the rising sun. Have a lovely week.

    -Vienna Daily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, Stewart, and I think the comment of "gmirage" is appropriate. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took me a minute to sort out "autumn" :) I'm happy to say we're leaving it and winter all behind us, but that's only because I've had. enough. snow.

    Lovely flowers. Autumn is a lovely season, but I don't usually think of autumn flowers. So more than one paradigm shift coming out of your post.

    cheers,
    wren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. We are just getting in to spring here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are simply beautiful. It must be a treat to see them everytime you park the car. Gorgeous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japanese Anemones are so pretty. Super shots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers, beautifully photographed. It will be spring here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite flowers and such terrific captures for the day, Stewart! And a lovely way to remind us of people in Japan! Marvelous post! Hope your week goes well!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific shots of these lovely flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. de belles fleurs qui nous annonce le printemps

    Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

    ReplyDelete