Thursday 1 September 2011

Reflections (Friday Skies)

Greetings - I was looking back through some of my past posts when I discovered that a post I put up when Blogger was going crazy has crashed - so appolagies to the 3 or 4 people who may have seen this before - the pictures are some of my favourites, so please indulge me as I put them back up again - hopefully Blogger will not crash during this post!


These pictures were taken from the top of the Rialto Towers in Melbourne - which at the time of its building was the 2nd highest building outside of the US. I think this is a claim to fame that it has since lost What I like about these pictures is the way in which the sky blends with the building. I also like the way I keep finding extra sets of reflections in the pictures that I had not noticed before.


You can find more Friday Skies here and the most recent post from my other blog by clicking the “Paying Ready Attention” link on the RHS of the screen.

15 comments:

  1. oh, those are well worth repeating! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic reflections and an unusual perspective.
    Blogger is up the creek again, no one can sign in presently, and I can't even get back in to the comments section to collect addresses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, love how the glass expands the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reflections!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What terrific captures, Stewart! It is amazing how many places we find, shadows, reflections as well as beautiful skies once we start looking with camera in hand! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sky and cityscape below become part of the building! The building seems to breathe colourful life! Stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The second shot provides a wonderful view of the city and the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ♥ these mirror-like, reflection type of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such creative shots! That last one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice reflections, especially I like the second.

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the ambiguity of where reality ends and reflection starts!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Stewart, Those are terrific captures. Perfect reflection of the clouds and city--hard to tell where one starts and the other stops as Red Nomad OZ said. Great post. Have a great weekend. Mickie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely reflections! Unlike most of your followers, apparently, I had actually forgotten that you had a photo blog. Your pictures are beautiful, but so is your prose and I'd recommend both blogs to anyone!

    ReplyDelete