Thursday 13 September 2012

SkyWatch Friday - Evening over Shallow Inlet


On the last day of my recent trip to Waratah Bay I went out for a walk/drive in the evening to have a look at Shallow Inlet.  This is an estuary with a big tidal range and good fishing.  Although the whole thing only lasted about 45 minutes was well worth it, with a some good wildlife (but no pictures) and a good sky.  It was also the last walk I'll do with my brother for a while - possibly a couple of years - so I was glad that the sky put on a little bit of finery.



My hectic week will end today at 7pm - but forgive me if I just take myself to bed and try to recover!

You can find more skies from around the world at SkyWatch Friday.

You can read the most recent post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the page.

Enjoy the skies.

12 comments:

  1. That's a lovely sky to share with your brother, especially if you won't see him for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sorry you'll be missing your brother. i know that feeling well in missing my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful sky. A wonderful lasting memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wunderschön!!

    Himmel zeige ich immer am Mittwoch, das Projekt von Tina und mittlerweile weiß ich schon gar nicht mehr, was ich alles für Projekte noch habe.
    Jetzt zeige ich erst einmal meine ganzen Sommerfotos, dann werde ich mich den Projekten widmen.

    LG Mathilda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely place for a walk and to watch the sky. I am happy you had a nice visit with your brother. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful! Hope you are getting some much needed rest. Glad you had that special time with our brother.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shot! Glad you were able to spend time with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous sky, and a lovely reminder of walking with your brother :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful and serene capture.

    Sorry to read that you do not live near your brother. I would find that very hard. I have twelve siblings and only one lives our of our area. She is several states away but we do try to get together at least three or four times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. seeing blue and feeling blue..bittersweet with a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you survived your week! Lovely shot.

    ReplyDelete